Senior Product Manager
London Hybrid Remote
SIXTEENTH ASPIRES TO BE AMONG THE INFLUENCER INDUSTRY’S SMARTEST, MOST REMARKABLE ORGANISATIONS OF PEOPLE. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN AMBITIOUS AND DRIVEN PRODUCT PERSON TO JOIN OUR VENTURE STUDIO AND PLAY A KEY ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCTS AROUND SOME OF OUR MOST EXCITING CREATOR PARTNERS.
Do you believe that talented digital Creators, plus smart strategy can lead to the creation of remarkable business?
We do, and we believe that the current industry offering is not fit for purpose. That’s why we’re building Sixteenth to fulfil the commercial potential of Creators. Sixteenth is here to create meaningful, smart and sustainable businesses around our Creator partners (Talent), allowing them to focus on creating brilliant content and fostering engaged communities.
We believe that by focusing on Creators who are a good influence on their audience, we will have the best opportunity to fulfil our goals with them.
Sixteenth aspires to be among the influencer industry’s smartest, most remarkable organisations of people. Hiring excellent people and always working to create a brilliant and happy work environment is one of our key priorities.
Our Venture Studio business is where we innovate business models, to discover and build new ways to commercialise the influence of our Creators. This includes partnering with our Creators to develop consumer facing products, including apps and physical goods.
The Senior Product Manager will take ownership of our product development process, improving the execution and delivery of products. Their focus will be on building on a consumer app that we are close to launching with one of our leading Creators. They will also have some light line-management responsibilities, leading our Product Operations Manager (physical goods) and Product Designer.
Among a company of 20 people, you will be joining our small, lean Venture Studio organisation of just 3, giving you a strong sense of ownership over the direction and impact of this startup environment.
As one of our first hires for the Venture Studio your role as Senior Product Manager is vital to the team’s success. In addition to traditional Product Management competencies you will be expected to coach and guide the team to success.
- Partner with a key Sixteenth Creator to execute improvements in the mobile app
- Project manage improvements across our roster of brands, for example working with our Designer to execute website improvements
- Lead the team through coaching and active mentorship
- Establish goals, quarterly OKRs and other KPIs for the team
- Determine the product vision, strategy and roadmaps whilst ensuring cross collaboration with other Sixteenth teams
- Identify opportunities via product discovery planning
- Use data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps
- Work closely with engineers where required as well as e-comm providers, analysts and other key stakeholders
- Help build out processes, practices and capabilities within the organisation
- Ensure feedback is managed and input back into product development
- Be comfortable taking on tactical as well as strategic responsibilities (e.g. playing a Product Owner role when needed)
- Define what success looks like and how it will be measured
- Define definitions of 'ready' and 'done' for all stages of the process
- Prioritise and manage Product backlogs
- Be the voice of the customer by bringing data and user research into the process
- Understand the Creators’ market space and audience
- Present strategy, progress and learnings to senior stakeholders throughout the business
You’ll be a product leader and have experience in delivering products from conception to launch and beyond. Your portfolio will showcase tangible examples of delivering successful products to market and growing the user base.
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end software development from discovery through to launch, iteration and scale
- Display strong leadership, organisational and execution skills - line management experience
- Strong at identifying significant opportunities and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organisational strategies and goals
- You are excited about the opportunity lead people and maintain team health
- Experienced in going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritisation and pre/post-launch execution
- Experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues
- Experience building and growing strong consumer products
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager/Owner for 4+ years
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with a deep understanding of and demonstrated success working with Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC including Discovery, Design, Develop and Deploy
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You must have a working knowledge of basic Product Tools such as Jira, Notion, Miro and Figma
- You’re passionate, empathetic, a team player and believe in a ‘united for good’ approach to your leadership style
- Experience in running cross functional teams and line management
- Coachable: open to feedback, criticism and new ideas
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to glue a group together through both the spoken and written word
- Proactive and independent, not needing to be managed closely
- Strong interest in and passion for the Creator Economy
- A persistent nature and strong work ethic
- Humility, with an understanding that 'no job is too small'