MANAGING DIRECTOR, TALENT AGENCY
London Flexible Remote
SIXTEENTH ASPIRES TO BE AMONG THE INFLUENCER INDUSTRY’S MOST REMARKABLE GROUPS OF PEOPLE. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PEOPLE-ORIENTED AND COMMERCIAL MANAGING DIRECTOR, TO RUN OUR TALENT MANAGEMENT BUSINESS
Do you believe that talented digital Creators, plus smart strategy can lead to the creation of remarkable business?
We do, and we believe that the current industry offering is not fit for purpose. That’s why we’re building Sixteenth to become the ultimate commercial partner to creators. Sixteenth is here to create meaningful, smart and sustainable businesses around our Creator partners (Talent), allowing them to focus on creating brilliant content and fostering engaged communities.
We believe that by focusing on Creators who are a good influence on their audience, we will have the best opportunity to fulfil our goals with them.
Sixteenth aspires to be among the influencer industry’s smartest, most remarkable organisations of people. Hiring excellent people and always working to create a brilliant and happy work environment is one of our key priorities.
The original core of our company is our Talent Agency business, which is responsible for developing our Creators (Talent), procuring brand partnerships for them and supporting delivery of branded content to our Clients (Advertisers).
The Managing Director of this unit is responsible for the management, learning, development and growth of the team and driving revenue by leading our business development function. Our MD drives our business development results with our client network of brands and agencies, driving revenue across the business unit.
You will be taking over this responsibility from the Founder of Sixteenth, inheriting a talented team of 12, who currently manage 46 Creators. You will play an integral role in realising our ambitious growth plans, growing both the team and roster, whilst helping to build a unique, industry leading company.
- Drive revenue growth across our roster of Creators
- Drive revenue with both new and existing Clients
- Take ownership of the business unit P&L, identifying opportunities for improvement and growth
- Leading the team through coaching and active mentorship
- Recruiting and managing a team of A-Players
- Fly the Sixteenth flag, driving thought leadership and opening new opportunities for the company
- Establish goals, quarterly OKRs and other KPIs for ongoing team management and company-wide communication
- Talented business developer, with the ability to sell at a high level and coach others in sales
- Able to drive and manage the performance of a team
- Strong and people-oriented leader
- Experience in providing high level leadership and strategic direction
- Coachable: open to feedback, criticism and new ideas
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to glue a group together through both the spoken and written word
- Proactive and independent, not needing to be managed closely
- Strong interest in and passion for the Creator Economy, with intriguing opinions on and insight into the industry
- A persistent nature and strong work ethic
- Humility, with an understanding that 'no job is too small'
- 6+ years of leadership experience, preferably in an agency or consultancy business